So many great links this week!
Eat your heart out:
- Don’t look for a job as a writer, look for a job as a communicator, says Hope Clark. She’s right that this will broaden your opportunity.
- How long does it take to get published? Finally! Someone — that someone being literary agent Steve Laube — put numbers to the timeline.
- Marian Schembari brings us tips for creating an awesome contact page on your blog.
- Speaking of, literary agent Rachelle Gardner reminds us to make ourselves easy to find online. So important!
- Editor Alan Rinzler on breaking the rules of narrative story arc.
- Home and the adventure detox, from traveler and author Chris Guillebeau.
- Some fabulous ideas for promoting your book at its launch, from The Creative Penn.
- Fabulous breakdown of e-books and how much money authors make from them, by Nathan Bransford.
- Similarly, a Forbes piece on e-publishing and what traditional publishers do and don’t do for authors.
- Lastly, a story I reported — I learned something from this one, so I’m figuring you might, too: The Death of the One-Page Resume?
Who’s writing this weekend?