Writers’ Roundup: October 21

October 21, 2011 · 7 comments

Welcome to Friday!

Before we get started, check out my critique partner Peggy Frezon‘s new book, Dieting With My Dog, which released this week. What an accomplishment!

This is Peggy’s first book, and I’ve watched her with admiration through every step of the publishing process, starting with when she landed her agent. I’m so proud of her — and Dieting With My Dog is a great read. If you want to support an author this week, order this book. (Because of a distribution glitch, the book is listed as “out of stock” at Amazon, but just order it anyway; you’ll get it soon.)

Now for some great links from this week:

• Interesting trend piece from The Atlantic about the rise of single women. (Wait, didn’t some of you offer to set me up with smart, outdoorsy men?)

Have a great weekend!

Heather Sunseri October 21, 2011 at 7:29 am

Love the 32 Ways You Can Tweak Your Blog! I just skimmed through them and as a result, made a quick change to my blog. Thanks for sharing that.

Thanks for all the links.
Heather Sunseri recently posted…Would This Have Distracted You? A Case of Open Mouth and Insert FootMy Profile

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures October 21, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Can’t wait to check out those links!
Andi of My Beautiful Adventures recently posted…My Wedding & Honeymoon: Day 6-10 (Part 17)My Profile

Peggy Frezon October 21, 2011 at 11:08 pm

Thanks Lexi!
Peggy Frezon recently posted…Co-Founder of Petfinder Barks Back!My Profile

Patrick Ross October 22, 2011 at 11:43 am

A great roundup, Alexis. I failed to do one this week, producing a conventional post instead because I didn’t have enough to share. I appreciate your work in compiling it, and am now going to go read about energy management.
Patrick Ross recently posted…Has it Been a Year Already?My Profile

Alexis Grant October 22, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Hey Patrick! It does take some work. But here’s the secret: Throughout the week, whenever I find something interesting I want to share, I tweet it. (Without thinking about the roundup.) Then, on Thursday nights, I go through my tweets and choose which of those might resonate with my blog readers :)

Kim Kircher October 24, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Thanks for the great list. I will definitely check out your friend’s book. I love the title!
Kim Kircher recently posted…KUOW: Radio InterviewMy Profile

Shawndra Russell October 25, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Thank you for responding to Patrick’s comment! That’s a great trick. As always, I love reading your roundups. Thanks again!
Shawndra Russell recently posted…Travel Tuesdays: Not Far, But Felt Like Another World–My First Underground Restaurant ExperienceMy Profile