Today marks three months since I started working for myself.
And know what? I’m now bringing in as much income as when I had the day job + side gig!
This is exciting news for a newbie entrepreneur. Reaching the income I left behind has been one of my goals since the beginning, and getting there feels like a real accomplishment. It’s a reminder that I can do this. (More on this in my Solopreneur Secrets newsletter.)
Since it’s Friday, don’t miss these links:
- Expecting to release your book soon? Author Jody Hedlund gives advice on how to prolong your book’s exposure after the initial hype has died down.
- Positivity is the key to a happy life, says blogger Jacob Sokol. In fact, he says there’s a direct link between optimism and success. Clear the air and make room for optimism!
- Still unsure about the power of social media? Writer Robert Lee Brewer provides some tangible examples from his career.
- If you’re ready to start a new blog, check out journalist Steve Buttry’s eight tips for beginner bloggers.
- Co-working spaces are becoming more popular! And good thing, because I need somewhere to work besides my home office. Journalist Meg Handley writes for Brazen Careerist about what to consider when looking for a co-working space.
- How do you turn big dreams into reality? Conni Biesalski shares her secrets on her new blog, A Life of Blue.
- Hope Clark talks us through the baby steps of taking a risk when we’re unsure whether it will pay off. Great read for entrepreneurial hopefuls!
- A beautiful post about motherhood from Melanie Meren. Have you sat still for seven minutes lately?
- Lastly, this interview with BlogcastFM is one of my favorites of the Q&As I’ve done lately. We talk about using your blog to make a living and working toward that ever-elusive book deal.
Have a great weekend!