Happy Friday — and Happy Holidays!
My list of links this week is short, because you should be enjoying the holiday this weekend!
- As the New Year approaches, check out Penelope Trunk’s shortcuts to common New Year’s resolutions. They’re not really shortcuts; they’re smartcuts.
- The purpose of an elevator pitch isn’t really to sell, Seth Godin reminds us. It’s to make someone want to hear more after they leave the elevator.
- If you’re big into blogging, Derek Halpern at DIYThemes touches on something important in his piece about the biggest mistake bloggers make.
- Epic isn’t about length, says Joel Runyon. It’s about whether what you’ve created is worth reading.
- I love this post from Brazen’s Tim Murphy about how employers want to hire problem-solvers. In my mind, it’s those who figure out how to fix things on their own who stand out from the pack and accomplish great things. Also have a look at these 20 brazen young professionals to watch in 2012 — my co-editor and I put a lot of effort into creating this list; we’ve got our eye on these go-getters this year!
Enjoy whatever it is you celebrate this season!