Greetings from South Africa!
I’m here for a friend’s wedding and tacked on an extra week to see the sights. Been exploring during the day and working each evening!
Here are your weekend reads:
- Sure, the old adage is about your enemies, but who else should you keep close? For Ben Casnocha, it’s the people with whom you’re comfortable sharing your shitty first draft.
- Want to make $50/post as a freelance blogger? Check out Sophie Lizard’s ultimate list of blogs that pay. Brilliant resource.
- Lifestyle Updated has a great list of advice for kicking butt in 2013, featuring tips from a lot of inspiring folks (including me!).
- Excellent post on how to write an opening sentence, from Kas Thomas. Better to hear it from him than an editor who rejects your submission!
- Being featured as a causepreneur on Nidhi Thapar’s site made my day — thanks again to everybody who contributed to my charity: water birthday campaign!
- If you’re a freelancer, check out these posts on Brazen Careerist; they’ll have you raking in the dough in no time.
- Finally, here’s a blog with some quality writing and story-telling (by a former colleague of mine): This Queer Familia.
Enjoy your weekend!