Course: Use Social Media to Make Your Own Luck
This course is now available on demand. Sign up today and get your first lesson in your inbox tomorrow!
Do you want to make connections with influencers who will help you reach your big career goals?
Do you want to spend LESS time on social media and use it MORE effectively?
Make Your Own Luck is all about using social media strategically to cultivate REAL-LIFE connections that will help you get where you want to be. Rather than simply suggest you network online, I’m going to tell you exactly how to do it in a way that’s sustainable over the long term.
The connections you make through this course will help you change careers, publish a book, start a side business, or take any other life Leap you’ve been waiting on. If you follow these step-by-step instructions, opportunities will find you.
What You’ll Learn
- How to get important people to notice you online
- Strategies for building your network strategically rather than haphazardly
- Practical tips to get the most out of your time on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- The best features on each of those networks that you don’t know about already
How it works: Every morning for 20 days, an email will land in your inbox with ONE action item, a tip you should follow that day to grow your network. That means you’ll receive a total of 20 practical tips in your inbox. Participants often say this is their favorite part of the course: that it arrives daily in digestible chunks, so you can work toward your goal little by little.
Once you start implementing these tips, you’ll be amazed how your network begins to work for you.
Plus: I’ll be available via email to answer any questions about those tips as they arise. You’ll get a personal social media coach – without the high price tag.
When it starts: As soon as you sign up! You’ll get a Welcome email immediately, and your first lesson will hit your inbox the next morning.
When it ends: 20 days after you sign up! That’s almost three weeks. You can dedicate yourself for three weeks, right?
This course is for you if…
- You know you should be using social media to work toward your goals, but you don’t know how
- Your blog community isn’t growing as fast as you’d like
- You’ve heard about the power of Twitter, but you’re not making the right connections
- You’ve tried other social media tactics before, but nothing has worked like you’d hoped
This is a beginner-to-intermediate course. It’s NOT for total social media newbies; I’m not going to go over what RT means or how to provide value on your networks, because you can learn that elsewhere. (It’s also not for advanced users who eat and breathe social media.) I expect you to already be on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, and to be getting started using those networks.
You’ll learn practical tips for all three of those networks, but the course is Twitter-heavy, since that’s the best way to connect with people you don’t already know.
And guess what else? This is a no-risk course. I offer a money-back guarantee, which means if you’re not happy with it for any reason, I’ll give you a refund. You’ve got nothing to lose — and everything to gain.
“Alexis Grant is knowledgeable, on top of the most current trends, and extremely helpful. She brought me from having zero social media skills to where I have a solid understanding and am able to make practical application of varied social media tools. Thanks to Alexis, I now have a growing network, including more than 3,000 Twitter followers.”
~ Peggy Frezon, pet columnist, author of Dieting with my Dog
“Thank you for a fabulous course. Bummed to see it end. You are awesome. #MYOL rocks.”
~ Congressional staffer Jim Dolbow
“The ways you presented information were clear and helped give me the confidence to take one step at a time toward building up my online presence… You respond pretty much immediately to any of my questions. In this often unresponsive Internet/online world, I find that’s rare.”
~ Elise Daly Parker of Our Stories God’s Glory
“Lexi showed me how to make social media work for me, so that my ideas stand out in the haze of online communications. She taught me how to write tweets to maximize the potential for retweets by others and establish a Hootsuite account to use my tweeting time effectively — in addition to basic user tools and tricks.”
~ Melanie Meren of MKM Strategies
“I’ve been using all these forms of social media for years, but your course taught me how to use them effectively. I’m now tweeting differently… [This course] is for anyone that is using social media, but wants to use it more effectively to reach their goal — whether it’s making connections, gaining clicks, getting a job, etc.”
~ Rebecca Plevin of Harvesting Health
Your Course Prep
Since this course isn’t for total newbies, make sure you’re set with these social media basics before you sign up:
- Understand Twitter language: @mentions, RT, link shorteners, etc. If you don’t, here’s a cheat sheet.
- Complete your profile. That means a bio, photo (headshot is best) and link to your blog. If you don’t have a blog, link to your LinkedIn profile. Not sure what to write about in your bio? Check out this post from social media thug Marian Schembari.
- Have tweeted at least 10 quality (aka valuable to your followers) tweets.
- Know your Facebook policy. Do you friend only people you know in real life? Or do you accept requests from online friends, like those you meet on Twitter? Would you befriend your boss, or only non-professional contacts?
- Be active! Talk to people once in a while.
- Fill out your profile completely. That means you should have a photo, work history and summary, at the very least.
Can’t wait to have you!