Photos from Hambidge's creative residency program

September 24, 2009 · 0 comments

I’m still working on my book at The Hambidge Center. Only nine more days left of my residency! You requested more photos, so I’m sharing them today.

Rabun Gap, home of Hambidge, in the north Georgia mountains

Rabun Gap, home of Hambidge, in the north Georgia mountains.

Taking a break to play with clay.

Artists take a break to play with clay.

Visit to Hambidge's grist mill

Visit to Hambidge's grist mill. Grits, anyone?

Awesome farmer's market down the street has fabulous gourds!

Awesome farmer's market nearby has fabulous gourds!

One of about a dozen pottery kilns here at Hambidge.

One of about a dozen pottery kilns here at Hambidge.

My favorite place to sit: Circle of Hambidge rocking chairs.

My favorite place to sit: Circle of Hambidge rocking chairs.

Hambidge even has an anagama, or Japanese kiln, which they fire several times a year. (Apologies for the jacket hanging in front of it.)

Hambidge even has a huge Anagama, or Japanese kiln, which they fire several times a year. (Apologies for the jacket hanging in front.)

The Rock House, the main grounds.

The Rock House, the main grounds.

Have a great weekend!

Jamie September 24, 2009 at 12:57 pm

That looks fabulous. I really need to try a retreat some year when I am not needed so much at home.

Jane Kennedy Sutton September 24, 2009 at 6:50 pm

Ymmm. I love grits! Looks like everyone is having a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing the photos.

jessiecarty September 25, 2009 at 5:33 am

So great to see the photos :) enjoy the home stretch!

Peggy September 25, 2009 at 10:30 am

Thanks for sharing the photos. I’d love to be in one of those rocking chairs with you all, looks very peaceful (although I see Hambridge residents do tend to get crazy with clay.)

Karen Walker September 25, 2009 at 10:32 am

Lovely, Alexis. Nice to see the environment you’re surrounded with while you write your travel memoir.
Karen

Carolyn Yalin September 25, 2009 at 2:52 pm

Thanks for the photos, looks like a fun place with interesting people to meet.

julielomoe September 26, 2009 at 2:34 pm

This looks fabulous, Alexis. You’re making me think I really should explore getting accepted at a writer’s colony. Maybe a good goal for next year,

Come visit me sometime!

Julie Lomoe’s Musings Mysterioso

Charles Brady June 21, 2010 at 12:38 pm

I love that you love where you are and find the essence of each (to you) to write about. I am to be at Hambidge this August, and as a returning Georgian with lots more to write about, hope to gain as much as you did there. My wife hopes there is no stray dogs there as I have been known to bring them home!