A big welcome if you’re here for the first time courtesy of The Creative Penn, who hosted me for a podcast this week on travel writing and writer’s residencies. You’re just in time for the weekly writers’ roundup, a collection of my favorite links, which runs each Friday.
Since returning from my writer’s residency, where I didn’t have an Internet connection in my studio, I’ve spent less time on Twitter. I still think the social networking tool is incredibly useful, but I realized while I was away that spending so much time online was taking away from my writing.
Unfortunately, less time in the Twittersphere means fewer links for my roundup. But we have to prioritize, right?
- Ami at Writing: My Life is doing NaNoWriMo this November. Any of y’all challenging yourself to write a novel in a month? (Not me. Gotta focus on the book.)
- No women in Publishers Weekly’s top 10 books of 2009? From the Christian Science Monitor’s books blog.
- Author Liz Palmer has a section on her Web site for writers that’s worth checking out.
- Literary agent Rachelle Gardner explains why backstory doesn’t work at the beginning of a story.
- Shack’s Comings and Goings offers a Sunday Wash-Up with links from the week — another writing blog to add to your RSS feed.
I’ve got a Q&A scheduled here for Monday that you won’t want to miss — See you then!