Ever have that feeling that something big and awesome is going to happen? That inkling has been tickling me since Tuesday. It could mean a lot of things, since I’m about to go through a handful of life changes. When I find out what it is, I’ll let you know.
For now, Friday links!
- The Creative Penn gives 7 reasons why writers should use video for book promotion. My next personal goal: get on the horse and provide some videos on this blog.
- Jody Hedlund asks, Can blogging help unpublished writers develop a readership? Or is it more useful for creating an online support network? Great conversation in the comments.
- Thoughts on redirecting and rejuvenating a career, from Steve Buttry. This post is meant for journalists, but it can apply to anyone. Great practical advice infused with a go-get-em attitude.
- MediaBistro’s Galleycat brings us yet another fabulous list on Tweetsville, The best book editors on Twitter.
- Your No. 1 Challenge if You’re Writing Memoir. Jane Friedman at Writer’s Digest says your work isn’t publishable just because you survived something difficult.
- Author Mary Carroll Moore explains how discouragement is a springboard into higher creativity. Do you deal with feedback the same way she does?
- A debut author nabs seven figures for her YA trilogy. Thanks, Entertainment Weekly’s Shelf Life. I love success stories of new authors.
See you Monday!