It’s Friday! You know what that means…
Here are this week’s best reads for writers:
- What do growth marketing, content creation, and information architecture have in common? They’re among 10 job skills startups will kill for, Scott Gerber says on Mashable.
- Fabulous rant from Seth Godin about the new world of work. Stop waiting for an employer to pick you and choose yourself!
- Along those same lines, Jeff Goins, who is now a full-time writer, reminds us not to wait for permission.
- The eternal solopreneur question: should I work for free? Ryan Ferrier at 60-Day MBA shares his (super practical and oh-so-helpful) views in a video.
- Amber Rae reminds us that all decisions are progress while discussing when to quit and when to stick.
- Feeling stuck at work? Ramit Sethi and Ben Casnocha talk about how to handle a career crossroads.
- Need a job? Invent it, says Thomas Friedman for The New York Times. You could say I’m a fan of that approach!
Enjoy your weekend!