Writers’ Roundup: January 14
January 14, 2011
Helpful and/or interesting links from this week:
- Going to a conference? Hope Clark offers tips on how to prepare so you get the most out of it.
- When we travel, we often find ourselves alone, says Chris Guillebeau. But that doesn’t necessarily mean we’re lonely.
- Most visitors to your website don’t scroll down. What does this mean for you? The Online Journalism Review explains.
- Jane Friedman has a helpful piece on turning painful experiences into the artful threads of memoir.
- Journalists seeking out sources are now transparent on Twitter, says the Nieman Journalism Lab.
With an extra day off this weekend for MLK, my goal is to finish this revision! Can’t wait to get this manuscript off my hands again and back onto my agent’s plate.