Writers’ Roundup: January 28
January 28, 2011
It’s that time of the week again!
Links to keep you busy this weekend:
- To increase your writing income, the Writing Coach tell us how to eliminate distractions. This is a new blog I stumbled upon recently, and it’s worth a browse.
- Some good ideas in this short video on pitching travel pieces for publication. Brought to us by Write to Travel.
- This Slate piece cracked me up — Two spaces after a period: Why you should never, ever do it. (Admittedly, it drives me crazy as an editor when I have to eliminate a space after every period.)
- “If it's your life dream, you don't need me or anyone else to make it come true,” says author Chris Guillebeau.
- Finally, a first-timer in this round-up, the Memory Writers Network. Some fantastic memoir resources on this blog.
3 Replies to “Writers’ Roundup: January 28”
Thanks for the link to Rachelle Gardner’s post about hating your book. I’ve been trying to force myself to get back to revising my book – and failing MISERABLY, might I add – and I thought it was just because I was being lazy. I know intellectually that’s bunk, because I am a dedicated runner and I work hard at my day job, but it was the only explanation I could come up with!
And now I see that it’s normally to be burned out on a project you’ve been working on for 2+ years. It makes me feel a lot better and a lot less self-hate-y, so thanks for sharing it.
Yes, doesn’t it help just to know that it’s normal?!