Welcome to Friday!
This is Peggy’s first book, and I’ve watched her with admiration through every step of the publishing process, starting with when she landed her agent. I’m so proud of her — and Dieting With My Dog is a great read. If you want to support an author this week, order this book. (Because of a distribution glitch, the book is listed as “out of stock” at Amazon, but just order it anyway; you’ll get it soon.)
Now for some great links from this week:
- How can you achieve more by doing less? Thought-provoking post from blogger Chris Garrett.
- Forget time management, Kelly Gurnett says on Brazen Life. Energy management is what matters.
- The always-brilliant Marian Schembari offers 32 ways you can tweak your blog. Excellent checklist.
- Blogger Jenny Blake writes about learning to take time off when you work as a solopreneur, a challenge I can relate to.
- Interesting trend piece from The Atlantic about the rise of single women. (Wait, didn’t some of you offer to set me up with smart, outdoorsy men?)
- Useful piece at CopyBlogger about how to write an ebook in 30 days.
- Lastly, lots of blogs ran Q&As and reviews and guest posts this week for the launch of my newest guide, How to Take a Career Break to Travel (and more to come!). Two of my favorites: Q&A on buzz-builder Jade Craven’s blog (because she asked such interesting questions) and How EBooks Can Complement Your Traditional Writing at the WordServe Water Cooler.
Have a great weekend!