Writers’ Roundup: January 20
January 20, 2012
Friday has arrived!
Smart reads for your weekend:
- Must-read article for writers in Forbes: author Michael Ellsberg shares tips for book promotion based on his personal experience.
- If you’re considering working for yourself, entrepreneur Thursday Bram suggests taking time to establish your title — Should you call yourself a freelancer? Independent contractor? Consultant? Great glossary.
- When writing a sales page, be persuasive but natural, says copywriter Amy Harrison. She offers a 10-point outline for writing a sales page that sounds like you.
- What happens if your book is good but not hot? Here’s how long it could take it to sell it to publishers, says literary agent Rachelle Gardner.
- Hoping to become location independent and work from wherever you’d like? Location rebel Sean Ogle suggests seven unconventional ways to make it happen.
- Are you better off playing the lottery — or working hard to make your life what you want it to be? The Skool of Life’s Srinivas Rao has a word of advice about choosing the path with the best odds.
On Monday, I’m opening my social media course, Make Your Own Luck, for sign-ups! There are only 30 spots, so make sure to check back that day if you’re interested.
Have a great weekend!