Writers’ Roundup: December 2
December 2, 2011
Can you believe it’s December already?
Get your weekend off to a good start with these great links:
- Overindulge over the holidays? Leo Babauta at Zen Habits encourages us to stop feeling guilty about yesterday’s actions and get back on track today.
- Soon-to-be-parents: Are you using Google to narrow down your list of potential baby names? Enjoyed this piece from The New York Times.
- Always worry about turning off your celly before a live performance? In hopes of gathering a younger audience, a theater in Washington State will allow the use of smartphones.
- If you’ve ever considered traveling in Cuba, check out this post from Chris Guillebeau. (Warning: It may stir up that travel bug.)
- Rules may be meant to be broken, but Matt Cheuvront explains why they can also be good for us.
Have a great weekend!
3 Replies to “Writers’ Roundup: December 2”
Once again, Alexis, this is a great list. I’m a big fan of Zen Habits, and look forward to exploring the others.
Hey Alexis, from the sounds of your story (backpacking Africa, stepping out into the entrepreneurial world, etc.), you’ve got shoulditis well under control ;).
And Patrick’s right — great list. RE: your “decision paralysis” below — have you read “The Paradox of Choice” by Barry Schwartz?
I haven’t, but I’ve heard of it… Will put it on my to-read list!